We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services or when selling products; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Well Said Limited, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website, mailing list providers or shop:
Our website kareninglisauthor.com also known as wellsaidpress.com (the “Website”) is hosted by wordpress.com
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website or on a third party provider’s externally hosted page (such as an email sign-up page or order processing system that we link to from this Website) in the following ways:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you sign-up to receive free content, including newsletters, eBooks, videos, posters, and other offers||• Email address
• First name
• Last name
|When you buy a print book or eBook or other product directly from us – or order one in advance for a school event||• Name
• Email address
• Physical address
• Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form
• Payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us)
|When you complete the contact us form or a comments box||• Name
• Email address (never shared)
• Any Personal Data which you choose to provide to us in the free text box of the form
Data that we collect automatically
When you browse our website
Our website host, WordPress.com, automatically collects certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We/they do not link this information with any Personal Data.
When you use our shop
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store, including:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them (this option is not currently active)
We generally store information about you only for as long as we need the it for the purposes for which we collect and use it. For example, in line with UK law, we will store confirmed order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes only. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses where applicable. None of this information is shared for marketing purposes. If you abandon your cart or do not proceed with your order our system deletes your details after 24 hours.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example:
Our shop is powered by WooCommerce and accepts payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
2. Use of your Personal Data from non-shop pages
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website
- respond to your questions, comments and requests
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information
3. Sharing of your Personal Data (general)
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children under the age of digital consent for their country of residence. In the UK, Ireland and USA the age of digital consent is 13 but this may vary for other countries where it may be as high as 15 or 16 years old. If you are below the age limits set out here or stipulated in your own country, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address. Instead ask a grown-up to sign up or write in on your behalf.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email at kpinglis [at] wellsaid.co.uk or via our postal address on the ‘Contact’ page:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data
- ask us to delete your Personal Data
- object to the processing of your Personal Data
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If in the unlikely event we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us
- Our full details are: Well Said Press
- Email for Privacy Questions: kpinglis [at] wellsaid.co.uk
- Postal Address: 83 Castelnau, London, SW13 9RT, England